Range Rates and Pricing
- $18 per shooter
- $10 Military and Law Enforcement
- Eyes and Ears Rental: $1.50
All Federal, State & Local Firearm Laws Must be Obeyed
All shooters must be US citizens or permanent residents with accompanying driver’s license or green card.
Visitors from out of the country may shoot on the range if one of the following criteria is met:
- Visitor has a valid and current hunting license in accordance with Federal law requirement.
- Visitor is an approved member of the Visa Waiver Program and can provide proof of their status in the program (passport with Visa Waiver stamp or an approval email/letter from the Visa Waiver Program).
Everyone Must Follow the Five Basic Rules of Firearm Safety at all Times:
- Treat ALL GUNS as if they ARE LOADED.
- Never point a gun at anything you are not willing to shoot or destroy.
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you are ready to shoot.
- Be sure of your target, what is in line with it and what is beyond it.
- Do not load your gun until you’re in the shooting bay.
General Range Rules
- All guests using the ranges must sign a waiver prior to shooting.
- Shooters must put on eye and hearing protection prior to entering the range and keep it on until they exit.
- Sandy Springs Gun Range recommends using foam ear plugs in addition to over-the-ear headphone protection.
- Expectant mothers are not permitted on the range at any time.
- In an effort to maintain a safe environment, Range Master and Range Staff must be obeyed at all times.
- Range Master and Range Staff have the right to inspect all firearms, ammunition and equipment.
- No tobacco products of any kind including vape are permitted on the range. Food or drink are NOT permitted on the range. Animals are NOT permitted on the range without an appointment and signing of the lability waiver.
- No one will be permitted on the range if they are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substances
- No open toed shoes are allowed on the range. For your safety, it is recommended that you do not wear tank tops, shorts or high heels on the range.
- Always be respectful and aware of other shooters around you on the range.
- Shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or legal guardian at all times. No one under the age of 10 is permitted on the range. Minors are NOT permitted to have their own lane. Parent or Guardian MUST stay within an arms-length of a minor at all times while on the range.
- If you intend to do bodily harm to yourself or others you are not permitted on the range at any time.
- Immediately notify the Range Safety Officer of any unsafe practices on the range. Report any injuries no matter how small to the Range Safety Officer.
- Be sure you are using the correct ammunition for your gun at all times. Only factory produced ammunition is allowed to be used on the range.
- All brass, once fired, is considered “lost brass.” Shooters may only collect their personal fired brass as long as they do not disrupt the shooters around them or create a safety hazard. Please push all unwanted brass forward of the firing line.
- ALL HANDLING, INCLUDING CASE AND UNCASING, OF FIREARMS IS LIMITED TO YOUR ASSIGNED LANE AND BENCH ONLY.
Firearms must remain in the booth in which they start. Do not pass any firearms between lanes under any circumstances unless firearm is in a case.
- All firearms must be pointed down range at all times. Down range is defined as the area within the backstop, including when the firearm is being cased or uncased.
- All firearms must be cleared, breech open, and securely encased before removing them from the firing line.
- Handling of loaded firearms in the classrooms is prohibited. NO AMMUNITION at any time IN CLASSROOMS.
- If any problem should occur with your firearm while on the firing line, leave the jammed or malfunctioning firearm pointed down range on the bench in the firing station, and immediately contact the Range Safety Officer.
- Always check with the Range Safety Officer if you are unsure if your firearm or ammunition is permitted. The Range Master reserves the exclusive right to prohibit any incomplete firearms (rifles and handguns without complete sights, firearms with missing or broken parts, etc.) that are deemed unsafe. Ammunition which is deemed improper for range use will be held at the Firearm Experience counter and returned when guests leave the facility.
- Shooters using the range may draw a firearm from the holster ONLY under the supervision of a CERTIFIED RANGE OFFICER or INSTRUCTOR and only under these circumstances:
- During designated times and events.
- All holsters must cover the trigger guard.
- Drawing from holster is prohibited from behind the bench.
- Never pass a loaded firearm to another person. Place unloaded firearms on the bench in your firing station and allow the next person to pick it up and load it.
- Cross lane firing is strictly prohibited. Shoot only at your own target within your designated lane at all times.
- Shooting forward of the firing line is PROHIBITED except under the following condition: In the presence of a Certified Range Safety Officer during designated times.
- When shooting forward of the firing line, the muzzle shall be pointed down range at all times.
- Down range is defined as the area within the backstop.
- Only one loaded firearm is permitted at a single time. No other gun handling is allowed behind the firing line.
- No black powder firearms are allowed.
- Firearms brought onto the property must be unloaded and in a secure case, range bag, or holster prior to entering the facility and remain there until the customer is on the firing line.
- It is the shooter’s responsibility to understand how to operate the firearm safely and ensure that it is in proper working order, as well as understanding all safety features prior to shooting.
- Upon the “CEASE FIRE” command from the Range Safety Officer, all shooters must stop shooting immediately, put down the firearm facing toward the target, and step back from the firing lane. Shooters may return to the firing lane only after the “ALL CLEAR” signal has been given.
- All shooting should be in a safe and controlled manner. Sandy Springs Gun Range does not permit “dual wielding” or “two-gun shooting” at any time. No uncontrolled, rapid fire is permitted. Damage to the facility will result in a fee and discharge from the range. Damage to the ceiling and lights will result in a $25 fee and potential discharge from the range.
- Prone shooting is allowed at the discretion of the Range Master.
- Only authorized targets may be used and are subject to Range Master approval. No reactive targets are permitted on the range at any time. The Range Master reserves the right to prohibit any target that is deemed offensive, inappropriate, or unsafe in their sole opinion.
- Hand or privately loaded ammunition, tracers, explosive or armor piercing ammunition are strictly prohibited. Shotguns are allowed with slugs or buckshot only.
- No bi-metal
- No steel inserts
- No tracers
- No armor piercing
- No Aluminum
- No birdshot
- Pistols up to a .44 magnum are permitted on the 25-yard lanes. Up to a .308 caliber round is permitted on the 25-yard lanes. Rifles up to 300 Win Mag are permitted on the 35-yard lanes.
- Sandy Springs Gun Range reserves the right to eject or refuse service to anyone who inappropriately handles a firearm or would potentially endanger the safety of our patrons or staff.
- Please ask the Range Master or Range Safety Officer for clarification if you have any questions on the Range Rules and Regulations.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER SHOT A FIREARM BEFORE, PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE MAY ASSIST YOU
Frangible Range Rules
- All Sandy Springs Range & Gun, Range Safety Rules apply.
- No outside ammunition is allowed without the approval of the Range Master; additionally, all frangible ammunition MUST be bought from Sandy Springs Gun Club at check-in.
- Absolutely no cross-lane shooting.
- If there is any target malfunction, call Range Safety Officer immediately.
- No one is allowed to be forward of the firing line at any time, under any circumstances when using frangible ammunition.